Simple, quick and delicious, how doesn’t enjoy waking up to the fresh smell of vegan pancakes?
A lot of recipes over complicate this very simple to make dish, so here is one quick and easy one to follow.
- 350g of all purpose flour (this is roughly 3 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 60ml of vegetable oil (or 1/4 of a cup.)
- Half a teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups of non-dairy milk (unsweetened soy milk works well)
- 3 Tablespoons of oil needed for frying/ cooking
- In a bowl all you need to do is combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until the mixture is smooth and silky.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into pan.
- Cook pancake for 2 minutes on each side until lightly golden.
- Repeat this with the remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
- Top pancakes with maple syrup and seasonal fruit.
- Pancakes always great with berries and freshly cut strawberry’s.
Voila, fresh, delicious and easy to make vegan pancakes that look and taste great (and no animals harmed in the process!)